Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Slip 'n' Sliding Away . . .



I bought the kids a Slip 'n' Slide today.

It's been in the nineties here this week, and our backyard looks level, but only until you try to set up a kiddie pool. And I guess I like to live vicariously on the edge, watching my kids flirt with mild danger from time to time (as long as they never accept a date with it). Here is what I've learned:

  • My kids think the Slip 'n' Slide is a giant drinking fountain.
  • The Slip 'n' Slide gets the kids wet all over; hence, it has kid-cleaning potential.
  • Soap makes the Slip 'n' Slide more slippery.
  • I will probably not get away with playing "Hair Salon" with the Slip 'n' Slide again. But the kids got really clean.
  • After a few days, I won't need that stupid piece of wet plastic for the kids to have fun. The resulting mudslick will become their personal Slop 'n' Slide.

4 comments:

Tori O. said...

Grats on the blog and the cute kiddos.

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

I had a Slip 'N Slide when I was a kid. Used to hurt my tummy because our backyard wasn't flat.

Tori O. said...

Get a hold of me tomorrow and I'll help you with the links and getting them to work.

Esther Avila said...

slip sliding away - ahhh, the memories of when my children were young. Oh wait - they still love them!